It is our dearest Prime Minister’s birthday, and there is no better time to show him our appreciation and respect for whatever Narendra Modi has achieved ever since he has set base as our PM. Pardon my language, but he is genuinely the most badass Indian leader till date. The switch from selling tea at the railway station as a child, to becoming one of the coolest Prime Ministers of India, gives all of us so much hope for our country. Here are 14 reasons why he is downright awesome:
1. Narendra Modi will set world records on his Birthday
On September 17th, his birthday will be celebrated in Gujarat, and the Gujarat authorities are aiming to break THREE Guinness World Records in a day. They will be distributing 17 thousand kits to over 11 thousand differently-abled people. The records they will be setting are known to be:
- The world record of the maximum number of people in wheelchairs, who will be forming an image of a logo. This record will include 1000 people in wheelchairs, while the last record was made by the US with 346 people.
- They will be providing hearing aids to over 1000 deaf or hearing-impaired individuals, breaking the last record set by Australia.
- About 1500 oil lamps will be lit at one single location to break another record.
These events will be looked over by officials from the Guinness World Records.
2. His Speech At The Madison Square Garden, US
Oh. This is one of the best speeches anybody could have pulled off. He gave a speech in the US in Hindi, and I admire him for that. The love he has for his country, and how proud he is of it is implied. And he left everyone in awe. Hell, he stood next to Hugh Jackman, and quoted a line from Star Wars. How cool is that?!
3. 27 Deals in 3 days
Narendra Modi, on his work trip to the UK, struck 27 deals in a span of 3 days. That is like some record in itself, isn’t it? Perfect time for a *Mic Drop*.
4. Three Countries in a Day
You heard it right. While returning from Russia, he stopped over for Breakfast in Kabul (Afghanistan). On the same day, a couple of hours later, he stopped over for Tea in Lahore (Pakistan). And then flew back to India for Dinner. It sounds incredibly hectic, but it is amazing.
5. US Hotline
All of us know how Mr. Narendra Modi was denied entry to the US a couple of years back, and he had major Visa issues. Well, he surely has come a long way. Now he has direct phone access to the president of the US – Mr. Barack Obama, making India the 4th country ever to get a hotline with the US president.
6. When he visited China
Mr. Modi went to China for three days, and within that tiny period, India and China signed 24 agreements. That’s intense. Moreover, he went to see the Terracotta army museum in China and returned with pictures that made Twitter go absolutely crazy. Pictures with so much Swag, it’s not even funny.
7. His immense love towards the Camera
During Mr. Modi’s Silicon Valley tour, he had a sit-down with Mark Zuckerberg. There was this one instance where Modi pulls Zuckerberg aside to give the camera a full view, but this clip went viral in India. It was an example of how camera-friendly he is.
8. His Jamming Session in Japan
On his visit to Japan, we saw a new side of Modi. He played the traditional Japanese Taiko drums and had a full on jamming session. Everybody was left flabbergasted with his talent.
9. When he made a Fashion Statement
When Barack Obama visited Delhi, Modi went to receive him at the airport. He was wearing a classy navy blue suit with a pinstripe design. On a closer look, turns out the pinstripes were actually his own name embroidered on the suit. And he wore it with style. He is unapologetically narcissist and stylish, and made heads turn.
10. Modi on Twitter
Did you know, that Narendra Modi is the second most followed leader in the world on Social Media. Until February 2016, he had 17.9 million followers on twitter, coming second to only Barack Obama. He has been fairly active on social media and has given some people major burns through his hilarious tweets. There was this one time where he had put a badass Bollywood-film-style cover picture of his on twitter.
There are thousands of other reasons to love Mr. Modi. He has achieved a lot and we admire him for that. More to know about Narendra Modi:
- In 2007’s Nationwide survey, done by India Today, he was named the ‘Best Chief Minister’.
- In 2012 (March), he appeared on the cover of the Asian edition of ‘Time magazine’.
- In 2014, he made it to the list of Time’s 100 ‘Worlds Most Influential People’.
- In 2014, he was ranked as the 15th most powerful person in the world by Forbes Magazine.
- In 2015, he was ranked as the 9th most powerful person in the world by Forbes Magazine.
- In 2015, he was one of Time’s 3o most influential people on the internet, as the second most-followed politician on social media, right after Barack Obama.
- In 2015, he was ranked as 5th on the Fortune Magazine’s second annual list of World’s greatest Leaders.
- In 2015, he was ranked 8th on the Time magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’.
- In 2016, a wax statue of his got featured in the Madame Tussauds Wax Museum, London.
- And much more…………
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. NARENDRA MODI!
You are an inspiration to all of us, and we couldn’t have been more proud of you. You are genuinely the best Prime Minister we have had. I am a fan of yours. Fan enough to pull off the Rakhi Sawant dress incident.
BUT, I WON’T! That’s a different story though.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SIR!